Acupuncture to Enhance Fertility
Acupuncture can be used to treat infertility, complimenting traditional Western medical treatments, and offering numerous benefits.
For years, I’ve used it effectively on both men and women who are reproductively challenged. While most of my female patients come to me already undergoing Western medical treatments for infertility (Assisted Reproductive Techniques, or ART), it can take three to six months of acupuncture treatments, accompanied by dietary and lifestyle changes, to regulate the menstrual cycle. Having this baseline of health is important when moving into Western treatments and often increases the conception rates of women who have explored this alternative treatment first.
For more information on Acupuncture and ART, please click here to view the published chat I did on New England Fertility’s website.
The Benefits of Acupuncture for Fertility
- Increases relaxation and reduces stress by producing endorphins
- Strengthens and regulates the immune system
- Regulates hormones that support the follicles and ovaries
- Increases blood flow to the uterus
- Tonifies the uterus to help in the prevention of miscarriage
- Detoxifies the body to reduce side-effects of IVF medications
- Prevents uterine contraction post IVF
Articles / Resources
- Influence of Acupuncture on Pregnancy Rate in Women who Undergo ART
- Reduction of Blood flow Impedence with Electro Acupuncture
- RMACT Fertility Clinics